Last Updated: 1st October 2020.
We recognise the importance of your privacy and are committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- What types of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect from you depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
If you are a client, or potential client, we collect ‘personal information’ specific to, and required for, the services and products that we provide to you. The personal information we collect and maintain may include your:
- contact details;
- information relating to your business; or
- such similar information about other persons that you may or intend to conduct business with.
For some products and services we may also collect and maintain ‘sensitive information’. This may include:
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union; or
- any criminal convictions.
If you apply for employment with us or seek to provide services to us we may collect additional information such as your qualifications, work history and references.
- How do we collect personal information?
ImportExportTV.com collects information either directly from you or from third parties. We will collect information directly from you when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors (for example when you engage us to be your event partner or as part of our marketing campaigns that we conduct), via our website or otherwise when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages). We may obtain personal information from third parties such as:
- corporate sponsors;
- corporate venues;
- event partners;
- publicly available sources; or
- our related companies.
- For what purposes do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
In general we collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can provide the services you have retained us for or for purposes connected with our business operations. This includes:
- providing international trade, logistics & supply chain streaming show services (and other related services) to you, including but not limited to:
- arranging industry events;
- developing industry training;
- collaboration with related industry bodies & associations;
- analysing data;
- acting on your behalf with related service providers (e.g. tender management programs, etc.)
- dealing with your enquiries, requests and complaints;
- receiving goods or services from you, where you are one of our suppliers;
- contacting you in relation to any marketing campaigns and offers about our products and services, or those of our business partners;
- enabling you to use our apps that you download;
- improving our products and services, and our websites and apps;
- considering you for a job with us (whether as an employee or contractor) or in the context of other business relationships with us;
- performing system administration; or
- cooperating with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
In respect of sensitive personal information, we predominately will use, hold and disclose that information for the purpose of providing products and services to you or perform internal administrative or risk and compliance tasks.
- How we may disclose your personal information
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties generally
- our employees, independent contractors, related bodies corporate and related entities;
- our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services to us (including website and data hosting providers);
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers and agents; or
- otherwise to any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees).
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties overseas
On some occasions we may also need to disclose your personal information (which might be sensitive information) to overseas third parties, including service providers, insurers, trade agencies, airlines and travel agents.
to assist in providing our services to you and assist in performing internal administrative or compliance tasks connected to the services.
Disclosure of your personal information required by law
We may also be required by law to disclose your personal information, such as when we are required to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other legal process.
- What happens if you do not provide us with personal information?
If you choose to withhold requested or required personal information, ImportExportTV.com or any third-party suppliers may not be able to provide the products or services you require.
ImportExportTV.com will take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
ImportExportTV.com’s premises throughout Australia maintain physical security over paper files, electronic data stores and other records. We also maintain computer and network security, such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to computer systems where personal information is stored.
- Cookies & tracking
We collect information about our websites and its visitors using cookies (and similar tracking technologies). A cookie is a small data file that a website saves on your device when you visit the site, and its primary purpose is to help a website keep track of your visits and activity. Cookies can also be used for targeted advertising (or “remarketing”). You cannot be personally identified from this information (unless it has been aggregated with other personally identifiable information).
- to assist us in measuring and improving our websites;
- to better understand the people accessing our websites;
- to help improve our content;
- to personalize your experience; and
- engage in targeted advertising, and monitor the performance of it.
In particular, we note we use the following:
Google Analytics Cookies: this web-analytics tool that allows us to collect information about how visitors use our site. For example, the information we collect includes the date and time of your visit to our sites, the pages viewed, information downloaded, certain geographical information, type of internet browsers you use;
Google AdWords and GoogleAds: we use these tools to display tailored advertising to you, through Google and third party vendors, on different websites across the internet based on your prior visits to our site;
LinkedIn Cookies: we use the LinkedIn “Event Specific Image Pixel” and “ Insight Tag” which allows us (through cookies) to monitor conversion tracking and gain information about website audiences and demographics for LinkedIn ad campaigns; and
ZOHO Cookies: we use “ZOHO” (a customer relationship management system) and its “ZOHO tracking code”, which (through cookies) also helps us monitor our website’s traffic, and how visitors are using our website. If are an existing client or prospective lead that we have added to the ZOHO CRM platform, then it may be possible for us to aggregate your use of our website with your ZOHO profile.
- Your rights
Accessing and correcting your personal information
- would like to access or revise your personal information; or
- believe that the information we currently have on record is incorrect or incomplete,
then please contact our head office (see below contact details), or contact your local ImportExportTV.com office.
We regularly distribute to our clients general information and newsletters regarding ImportExportTV.com’s products and services, including marketing campaigns, either by smartphone notifications, mail, email or telephone. If we believe it may be of interest to you we may, from time to time, supply you with specific information regarding some of our products and services.
We provide a simple ‘opt-out’ option for these kinds of communications. Alternatively, you may update your preferences by contacting our head office (see below contact details), or by contacting your local ImportExportTV.com office.
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment, or complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For further information on Privacy please visit the Australian Government – Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Please address all privacy complaints, queries, access, correction, update or unsubscribe requests to our Administration Department by telephone on +613 9913 3601 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .